List:       linux-ipchains
Subject:    [Ipchains] Re: Ad blocking
From:       Paul Rusty Russell <Paul.Russell () rustcorp ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-05-30 2:46:54

In message <374F65BF.30DBB511@ihug.co.nz> you write:
> Hi,
>
> After wading through most of the ipchains howto I was disappointed to
> find no options for blocking domains specified in another file.  What im
> want to do is specify a file with a lot of domains in it (www
> advertisement servers) and have ipchains block those domains.  If this
> is possible now, Id appreciate you showing me how.

Create a chain called "ad-block".  Put your rules in it.  Use
"ipchains-save ad-block > /etc/ad-block-rules" to save it.

Use "ipchains-restore < /etc/ad-block-rules" to restore it.

ipchains-save and ipchains-restore can be found in the
ipchains-scripts package on the ftp site if you don't already have
them.

Hope that helps!
Rusty.
--
Tridge, Raster, DaveM, Cort, maddog... Where will you be 9-11 July 1999?
                http://www.linux.org.au/projects/calu

www.rustcorp.com - web site
ftp.rustcorp.com - ftp site

Mail Archives: