List:       linux-ipchains
Subject:    [ipchains] Re: ipchains -L
From:       Paul Rusty Russell <Paul.Russell () rustcorp ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-04-23 3:17:32

In message <371F7160.5BBABEC1@wilmcd.com> you write:
> Are there any plans to have the (-L) option available for users?
> also... so that it will display all rules?
>
> ipfwadm let you view the rules even if you were not ROOT.
> I was hoping ipchains would allow that, but it doesn't.

It did until Alan Cox decided to make a (IMHO) knee-jerk reaction to
an idiotic bugtraq report.

On lines 1687 and 1693 of linux/net/ipv4/ip_fw.c, change `S_IRUSR to
`S_IRUGO'.  I've been trying to get chmod working on /proc entries so
I can submit a fix to Alan, but my brief look so far yielded no fruit.

Rusty.
--
Tridge, Raster, DaveM, Cort, maddog... Where will you be 9-11 July 1999?
                http://www.linux.org.au/projects/calu

www.rustcorp.com - web site
ftp.rustcorp.com - ftp site

Mail Archives: