List:       linux-ipchains
Subject:    Re: [ipchains] Help/masquerading
From:       Henning Vossieck <h.vossieck () ndh ! net>
Date:       1998-10-29 21:11:30

WOW!
It works. I found out that simply ommitting the interface. makes it
work.

ipchains -A forward -j MASQ

Well, now it's clear. (In my case) the interface to forward packets to
is ppp0, not eth0. Thus

ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ

works, too. I now understand that an interface specified in a forwarding
rule must be a forwarding, not an input device.

Thanks very much for your help

Henning