List:       linux-informix
Subject:    Re: Getting the size of the database under IDS.2000 under 6.2 Linux
From:       Cosmo <simond () informix ! com>
Date:       2001-01-26 10:40:04

Matthew Denny wrote:

> Thanks for your help.  BTW, how do I get this answer out of the
> query.  In my case, the database size is much biger than the 2 GB
> range of an INTEGER.

How about just dividing the expression by 1024 and getting the result in Kb?

>                      I tried pulling this value out using ESQL/C and
> the int8 data type, but this didn't seem to work.

Did you cast the value in the expression or SELECT .. INTO an int8 or did
you use a descriptor? Remember also that int8 as defined by the ifx_int8_t
type in an ESQL/C program is not the same thing as a regular 64 bit long.

>                                                   When I enter the
> query in dbaccess, I get (for the latter query):
>
> (expresion) (expression) (expression)

The return type for a SUM expression in this case would be DECIMAL.

Cosmo