List:       linux-informix
Subject:    Re: oninit failure
From:       "Petr Pomykacek" <petr.pomykacek () sasprg ! cz>
Date:       2000-06-30 8:21:16

Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been struggling for days to install my trial copy of Informix
> Dynamic Server for Linux that I downloaded from Intraware.
>
> I installed the RPM files iconn-2.10.UC3-1 and ids-7.30.UC10-1 with rpm
> -ihv and then csdk-2.40.UC1-1 with rpm -ihv --force because there are some
> conflicting files with the previous packages that are older.
>
> It seems the csdk package auto-started the installation of the client SDK
> and the connection package because when I tried to run installclientsdk and
> installconn it said that it could not find clientsdkcontent file and then
> it said that it would not install ClientSDK 2.10.UC3 because version
> 2.40.UC1 was already installed. So, I skipped that running installserver
> immediately.
>
> The script run ok ask in the serial numbers that are provided in Intraware
> site and that I already had to enter when the client SDK RPM package was
> installed.
>
> Then I run the environment lines
>
> export INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
> export PATH=$PATH:$INFORMIXDIR/bin
> export INFORMIXSERVER=demo_se
> export ONCONFIG=onconfig
>
> set /opt/informix/etc/sqlhosts with the line:
>
> demo_se seipcpip        cohones.serio.org       sqlexec

change line to:
demo_se  onsoctcp  cohones.serio.org       sqlexec   # TCP communications

is possible second line (alias for database server)
demo_shm   onipcshm        cohones.serio.org     shmcomm # Shared memory communications

where sqlexec must be in /etc/services
sqlexec             1526/tcp
For second line set  onconfig
DBSERVERALIASES  demo_shm