List:       linux-informix
Subject:    Re: A Mark to Market....
From:       Tim Schaefer <tschaefe () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1998-10-23 11:43:22

Mike,

First of all, the new sig--I like it!  This reflects a more
current orientation with the news and alcohol.  I think you
should run with this theme.  It beats the AGIS thang that I
never understood.

:-)

Secondly,

Good points you bring up, however, I'm not sure what it is
that this list can offer for much of your discussion.  The
IIUG board of directors are quite sensitized to many of your
points, and can you imagine where they might be getting
some of that???  :-)

I highly encourage you to join the IUGLC list.  It's more
focused on what IIUG is about, not necessarily what this
list is about.  The IUGLC really needs some activity, and
you might find more folks listening and able to talk about
these points you've made.

IDS is not on Linux just yet, but it's my feeling that when
it does arrive, that will be when I actually do some celebrating.

As an advance, I'd like to encourage those of you who can,
to get the Winamp player, and download the "LUCAS - Revolution"
selection from www.mp3.com.  This will give you an opportunity
to hear the same music I'll be playing when IDS hits.  There
are MP3 players for Linux too, so get ready.

Thanks,

Tim
-
--  Tim Schaefer