List:       linux-ide-arrays
Subject:    Re: damn you SATA!
From:       steve () kanefsky ! com
Date:       2003-07-30 19:23:39

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Stuart Levy wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:26:04AM -0700, steve@kanefsky.com wrote:
> >
> > I agree for motherboard connectors, but for connectors on a PCI card and
> > on the drive (not to mention the cables) SATA beats PATA hands down.
>
> I haven't seen any SATA hardware -- why would motherboard connectors
> be different from (worse than) the ones that'd be put on PCI controller cards?

Because the length of the connector runs parallel to the PCI card, whereas
on a motherboard the connector usually sticks straight out of the board at
a right-angle.  To be honest I'm grasping for straws because I can't
really see there being a problem in either case.  You'll definitely never
catch me buying another PATA drive again.

--
Steve