List:       linux-ide
Subject:    Re: sata_sil24 failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
From:       Robert Hancock <hancockrwd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-30 18:30:24

On 07/21/2010 06:38 AM, Tomas Lund wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Tomas Lund wrote:
>
>> Put the "LYCOM SATA PE-103 2-CH" back in the server with the Gigabyte
>> 965P-DS4 motherboard and installed the debian backports kernel
>> 2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64.
>>
>> Problem persists and a dmesg and console output (since dmesg buffer is
>> too small to fit everything) is available at:
>>
>> http://tlund.pp.se/sil24/console_2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64.txt
>> http://tlund.pp.se/sil24/dmesg_2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64.txt
>
> Tested Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64, files at the same place.

What does "hdparm -I" show when run on the drive attached to that
controller? Is it possible there's some security locking enabled on it?
If the BIOS is doing some kind of security unlock then it probably does
it only on drives attached to the motherboard controller, not on any
add-in cards. It certainly seems like the drive is returning command
aborted on all reads when connected to that controller for whatever reason.