List:       linux-ide
Subject:    Re: Software RAID Problem
From:       Randy Broman <rbroman () bayarea ! net>
Date:       2009-07-29 20:43:40

The array box is an American Media Systems Venus T4S, and the
(2) disks are Western Digital Black 750 GB. The array box is set up
as JBOD (pass-thru) in it's hardware, but ....

Both American Media Systems (via Silicon Image) and Western Digital
have management and diagnostic utilities that run on Windows, so I
attached the array box to a Windows system and ran the utilities. The
results look OK for the disks themselves, when they're attached directly
to the system board, but the test results are inconsistent for the array
box.

Thus I'm beginning to think I have a hardware problem. I appreciate
the help, but rather than take up more of people's time on this mailing
list I'll continue with the hardware diagnostics, and then see if I can
successfully set up the array box on Windows. If that works, I'll try
it back on Linux.

Thanks ....