List:       linux-ide
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Add full Compact Flash support to libata
From:       Mark Lord <liml () rtr ! ca>
Date:       2006-07-27 17:55:05

Alan Cox wrote:
> Ar Iau, 2006-07-27 am 13:41 -0400, ysgrifennodd Mark Lord:
>> Alan Cox wrote:
>>> This is mostly interesting from the embedded end of the universe
>>> where people use the CFA high speed non UDMA modes more. Some generic
>>> controllers can do PIO5 and friends, that will follow later on.
>> Cool.  Do you have one to test with?
>
> Controller or device ?
>
> The VIA and ALi controllers can be persuaded to do PIO5 etc with a good
> cable and CF adapter.

Device.  I think I have some controllers here that can be programmed
for similar rates, but mostly I just want a peek at the raw identify
data from a CF device that has some of the new modes.

My Sandisk Extreme-II card does not support them; apparently the
newer Extremem-IV (and perhaps III) cards *do* though.

Cheers
-