On Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:07 pm, Luck, Tony wrote: > Summary: I like the command-line settable value. But the CONFIG > option still looks like it does the wrong thing as often as it helps. > The command line option needs to add some text to kernel-parameters.txt > to explain what this does, and how to pick the right value. I completely agree and like the idea of a tunable too. I'm not sure what the default should be though--I don't think 6 makes much sense, but 4, as you said, is capable of causing harm... I guess we should just pick something. Jesse - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ia64" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html