List:       linux-ia64
Subject:    [Linux-ia64] Re: Write Combining (Write Coalescing) on memory mapped I/O on IA64.
From:       Steffen Persvold <sp () scali ! no>
Date:       2001-08-30 6:39:06

David Mosberger wrote:

>   Steffen> Just a repost since I didn't get any feedback. I've also
>   Steffen> copied some auhtors I found in asm/io.h. I appologize for
>   Steffen> any inconvenience, but this issue is quite important to us.
>
> I didn't see anything fundamentally wrong with what you're trying to
> do, but I haven't looked at the code.  Some debugging may be called
> for.

Do you think it's easier to set up a region which is mapped all the time, so
that ioremap_nocache() uses the already defined region 6 for uncached accesses
and ioremap() uses this new region with "Write Coalescing" enabled ? How should
I proceed to introduce such a region ?

Regards,
--
  Steffen Persvold   |  Scali Computer AS   |   Try out the world's best
 mailto:sp@scali.no  | http://www.scali.com | performing MPI implementation: