List:       linux-ia64
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ia64] parport for ia64
From:       Jim Wilson <wilson () cygnus ! com>
Date:       2000-08-22 1:48:51

	parport_pc.c:2719: Internal compiler error in
	`add_abstract_origin_attribute', at dwarf2out.c:7532

This testcase works OK with the current compiler development sources.

This was fixed by a gcc/dwarf2out.c patch on 2000-04-25.  However, I know
that patch only works if a few other following patches are also used, and
I don't know what the complete set of necessary patches is, so this doesn't
seem worthwhile to try to fix in the February compiler.

I'd suggest using a workaround until a newer compiler is ready.  Compiling
without -g will make the problem go away.  Also, getting rid of the inline
version of the parport_pc_read_status function will solve the problem.

Jim