List:       linux-i2c
Subject:    i2c Issues
From:       "Murali K. Vemuri" <murali () sbn-tech ! com>
Date:       2010-12-24 11:23:23

Hi there,
I am working on OMAP 3530 , Linux Kernel version 2.6.32.
On OMAP I connected Audio Codec WM8993 as I2C (bus3) slave, with slave
address 0x1A.

I am able to initialize the I2C Bus correctly, and I successfully bound the
device to the driver. By adding a few debug messages, I get like this.

i2c_omap i2c_omap.3: bus 3 rev3.12 at 400
kHz

i2c i2c-3: adapter [OMAP I2C adapter]
registered

i2c i2c-3: client [AK8859] registered with bus id
3-0044

i2c i2c-3: client [wm8993] registered with bus id 3-001a

This is what I exactly intend to happen. After this step, I get the
i2c_probe triggered into the device, and at that time, HW read fails,
constantly.
I checked the physical address that is being read from. This address is
correct as well.

Any pointers to how I can resolve this?

Thanks & regards
Murali