List:       linux-hotplug
Subject:    Fedora FC5 linux /dev/hdcX is not a block device
From:       Marc Verbeke <Marc.Verbeke () pandora ! be>
Date:       2006-04-30 18:06:26

Hi,

I encountered the following issue:  (udev involved?)

All working fine in FC4,  but in FC5 one of my hard disks is not mountable.

a) sfdisk -l shows me the correct info.
b) partprobe/ partprobe -s => :dev:hdc msdos partition 1  is OK as well.
c) adding a line  to /etc:fstab   (udev/hda#   ....) with no results.
d) remove /dev/hdc  &  hdc1 entries
    reboot; no results

I looks like other users have similar issues with no solutions yet.

Any help appreciated.

Marc Verbeke