List:       linux-hotplug
Subject:    Problems with Hotplug and the 2.6.2 Kernel
From:       Erik Harrison <esharri1 () bulldog ! unca ! edu>
Date:       2004-03-28 22:16:02

Hey all - sorry to sign up just to immediately ask a dumb question.

I've been working on a custom series of hotplug agents for the 2.6
kernel. Currently I am working on a Slackware 9.1 box, which I have
upgraded to kernel 2.6.2 manually, .config available upon request.

Right now my problem is that the PCI_ID environment variable is not
getting set correctly before  /etc/hotplug/pci.agent is called. No
matter what the device, it is always 0:0. Yes, this is a "coldplug"
event - is this why?

Additionally, where is there complete documentation on the hotplug
events? I downloaded the last release from SF, and included was a
dasd.agent script - I am unfamiliar with this hardware type and can find
little information on it. The docs in the kernel source seem to be USB
specific, unless I missed something.

Thanks in advance,
Erik