List:       linux-hotplug
Subject:    USB - hotplug recognition problem
From:       Bernhard Stark <bernhard_stark () 24on ! cc>
Date:       2003-05-26 19:47:02

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a Canon S50 with gphoto2 (on SuSE 8.2).
When I connect the camera, I need to start gphoto2 twice in order to be able
to download the pictures.
I have to kill gphoto2 the first time I start it. The second time I start
gphoto -P, everything works fine.
btw, I've got a similar problem with my sony Clie SJ30: I have to start
JPilot-syncing twice in order to sync my device.
Does anyone know about this USB problem? It is really annoying having to kill
gphoto2 the first time and then starting it a second time.

Thanks for your help in advance, Ben