List:       linux-hams
Subject:    Re: [Patch] rose_route_frame() NULL pointer dereference kernel panic
From:       f6bvp <f6bvp () free ! fr>
Date:       2016-03-06 10:58:35

François,

Thank you for providing information about rose_rebuild_header history.
I was not able to find Jonathan Naylor G4KLX email.
However as rose_xmit() has been recently changed by Eric Biederman, he
may have more precise information about rose_route_frame()
NULL argument.
Meanwhile, I browsed into rose_route.c release 001 you referenced and found
an interesting comment before rose_route_frame() :
+/*
+ * Route a frame to an appropriate AX.25 connection. A NULL ax25_cb
+ * indicates an internally generated frame.
+ */
+int rose_route_frame(struct sk_buff *skb, ax25_cb *ax25)

Now, I hope that ROSE guru will explain us what means an "internally
generated frame" and if, by chance, it means that it is not to be sent
via a net device, but rather to be used locally ?

Bernard