List:       linux-hams
Subject:    RE: 300bps Packet (and EHAS)
From:       "Tsutsumi Family" <oakie () kamakuranet ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2010-11-26 2:52:34

Resent with text mode.
From: Tsutsumi Family [mailto:oakie@kamakuranet.ne.jp]
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 10:39 AM
To: 'David Ranch'; 'linux-hams@vger.kernel.org'
Cc: 'Dave Platt'
Subject: RE: 300bps Packet

David,

900/1100 offset seems to a typical practice for the soundmodem 300bps
operation.

I share your concern concerning it would not be the practical capability to
be used at HF.

By the way, does anybody know the implementation status in the radio amateur
world about EHAS (Hispano-American Health Link) protocol which is originally
based on radio amateur Linux AX.25 and the soundmodem of both FSK and
newQPSK modes but adds the several performance improvement techniques like
FEC, Turbocodes, ARQ e.t.c.?

The several literatures can be googled by “EHAS”.

Regards,

take

De JA5AEA