List:       linux-hams
Subject:    Re: tcpdump/wireshark
From:       Richard Stearn <richard () rns-stearn ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-06-30 21:20:48

Thomas Osterried wrote:
> On 2010-06-23 14:33:29 +0200, folkert <folkert@vanheusden.com>
> wrote in <20100623123328.GL15838@belle.intranet.vanheusden.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am I right that neither tcpdump nor wireshark support an AX25 network
>> interface?
>
> There's support for tcpdump / wireshark. The patch is dated 2007.
> More on this was written on this list in
>   Date:  Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:02:55 +0100
>   From: Richard Stearn <richard@rns-stearn.demon.co.uk>
>   Subject: Re: AX.25 in Wireshark (nee Ethereal)
>
> 73,
> 	- Thomas  dl9sau

I have released a more recent patches as of 10th April 2010, against
tcpdump 4.1 & wireshark 1.2.7 which can be found here:

	www.rns-stearn.demon.co.uk

You will have to recompile tcpdump/wireshark as some of the changes
are in fundamental parts of code.

Thank you Thomas for highlighting the question, I had missed the
original posting.

--
73 de g1sog
	Richard