List:       linux-hams
Subject:    Re: fbbsrc.704r5 compile error
From:       Bernard Pidoux F6BVP <f6bvp () free ! fr>
Date:       2009-09-20 10:34:57

Hi,

I released FBB 704r-pre6.
This is still a pre release version for evaluation purpose.
It should replace 704s series and 704r4 and 704r5 that had some issues regarding forwarding
and stack overflow (stack-smashing).

You may download FBB package from :
http://f6bvp.free.fr/logiciels/BBS-f6fbb/xd704r6-src.tar.bz2

Here is an extract of CHANGES file :

7.04r.2 (F6BVP)
- less verbose debugging messages in /var/log/fbb.log
- Added usleep instructions to allow interrupts in tcp and sock drivers and
  reduce CPU load. It was sometime more than 14% and should be less than 1% now.

7.04r.2.1 (F6BVP)
- s_status was writing zero length frame. Corrected
- date structure corrupted in ibm.c caused  stack-smashing. Corrected.
- changed date format tm_year %100 in console.c to avoid stack overflow due to incorrect date format
  during FBB initialization.
- CFLAGS = -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -funsigned-char $(DEFS) -D__LINUX__
           -Wformat-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -DPROTOTYPES -I../include -fstack-check
           -fstack-protector-all (this DEBUG option is removed in distributed package)

7.04r.2.2 (F6BVP) is 7.04r6
- cree_bid() did not actually create WFBID.SYS and initialize it if file was missing.
  This could induce a segment violation. Corrected.
- In case of test or PRE versions the full release number is displayed :
  * XFBB Linux daemon version 7.04r-pre6 (Sep  18 2009) PID‘72
- Same full version number is used in /var/ax25/fbb/log/ files
  070522165800SI *** BBS Initialize
  070522170200SA *** BBS Online 7.04r-pre6
- By default 20_epursat script does not export satdoc and satupdat results to mail.

73 de Bernard, f6bvp