List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Re:ResourceMonitoring
From:       "karunakar reddy" <karunakarp () lycos ! com>
Date:       2001-08-30 14:07:02

alan wrote:
> I think at this point in time, he's just planning on >reading the haresources file.
yes i am trying to understand those scripts.
my first review of project work is on 6th september.before that i have to finish \
complete design of project.in starting days  i didn't spend time on project.now i am \
worrying as the  date is near.

> Here's the problem as I've defined it to him at this time:
> 	For each resource supported by the current machine,
     alan:    in  earlier mail  u were told   mailTo is also one of haresource ,but  \
i didn't find  any start/stop/status scripts  available is it same as sendmail?
> monitor it
  what i understood is  i should write  monitor scripts for  the highly avalable \
resources.. and what are the resources implemented in C function pointers

> So, one needs to know what the total list of >resources is, and one needs to
> 	know what resources are running on the current >machine.

> And then, one needs to monitor them.

> As a suggestion for the first approach, I've >suggested that he just read \
> haresources, and then ask >the resource if it's running on the current machine, and \
> then monitor it.
 and  earlier  Ragnar said  heartbeat is  invoking these  monitor scripts?  which is \
better  either heartbeat or  separate  monitor framework  running always as deamon

> You're right that doing it through the API would be >nicer, then
> one could do things like keep resources in transition >from being monitored.

> Perhaps we can add that as we move the resource >management out of
> heartbeat.  Could do it now, but I don't want to.
so finally  which is better way whether to use heartbeat API or  monitor framework  \
should fork  the  monitor scripts?
next week  i will install  heartbeat software in my lab.then only  i can  get clear \
idea..now in our lab only stand alone computers available.in coupleof days  they will \
connect  linux  machines.. thanks,
  karunakar reddy.p

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!