List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Re: POTENTIAL COMPATIBILITY ISSUE: Heartbeat resource script argument order...
From:       Horms <horms () vergenet ! net>
Date:       2001-07-31 3:19:48

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 08:13:03PM +0000, Lorn Kay wrote:

> >The way you invoke a resource script with an instance indication (argument)
> >is currently like this:
> >
> >/etc/ha.d/resource.d/resource-type resource-instance (start|stop|status)
> >

> Sorry for the stupid question but I thought the syntax is:
>
> /etc/ha.d/resourced.d/resorce-type::resource-instance
>
> or
>
> scriptname::argument
>
> Doesn't this syntax allow heartbeat to distinguish and add
> (start|stop|status)?

This is the syntax that is used in the haresources file.  Heartbeat
translates this into a calling of an external script file.  The issue is
that it makes a lot of sense to change the ordering of the arguments that
heartbeat passes to scripts, and hence the scripts need to be updated, or
at the very least compatible.

--
Horms