List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] POTENTIAL COMPATIBILITY ISSUE: Heartbeat resource
From:       Andy Poling <andy () realbig ! com>
Date:       2001-07-29 4:32:28

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> It's going to be harder to change the longer we wait, so I say we should
> go for it.

Aye.  And that's what release notes, CHANGES and other common methods of
documentation are for - to document changes in behavior (API or otherwise).

I think the change in argument order is a very good idea and makes the
arguments more consistent and predictable.

Anyone who has written their own scripts can change the order they accept
arguments after reading the documentation of the change.  As long as you shout
out loud that it has changed, it shouldn't surprise anyone...

-Andy