List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Re: automake 1.4 : --copy problem? (fwd)
From:       David Lee <t.d.lee () durham ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-27 9:05:53

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, David Lee wrote:

> Attached below is a reply to a message about the "automake --copy"
> problem.
>
> It seems, indeed, to be a known problem.  I strongly suspect that it is
> harmless (it actually seems to do the job properly but complains).  But I
> have sent a further message asking for clarification, and enquiring
> whether there is a recommended workaround and/or statement.

Further to the earlier messages, here is Gary Vaughan's subsequent reply.

not by simple installers from tar-like versions (which will already
include the three files).  The messages are spurious and can be ignored.
Indeed, they are to be expected and any *non*-appearance may indicate
troubles.

Action (if any) is left to Alan's discretion and experience.  But judging
by the concern expressed on ths list, it might be worth considering
inclusion of a "note to CVS junkies" or similar.