List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] mcast.c on Solaris
From:       Chris Wright <chris () wirex ! com>
Date:       2001-06-20 17:58:30

* sam (sam028@ifrance.com) wrote:
> Hi all.
> Did someone tried a recent CVS version on Solaris ?
> I can't build on my Sun box the last version (need some autoxxxx things
> ...), but had a rapid look to mcast.c, especially set_mcast_if(...).
> After few tests, it seems that Solaris don't like ip_mreq struct: the
> setsockopt (in set_mcast_if) return an error (something like invalid
> parameter).
> Anyway, it seems to work in changing the ip_mreq to an in_addr (on Solaris
> and on Linux).

Umm, I'm not sure what issues you're having.  I've compiled that code
segment under solaris.  ip_mreq is defined in /usr/include/netinet/in.h.
there were issues with using ip_mreqn and using SOL_IP instead of
IPPROTO_IP, but both of those have been fixed.

> Questions:
> - is someone able to make a similar test on a Solaris box ? )
> - are there good reasons to use ip_mreq, instead of in_addr, for these sort
> of functions ?

yes, these are the multicast socket options and use the ip_mreq struct.

-chris