List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: GLIB as a core linux-ha component:  [Was Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Patch and  issues]
From:       "sam" <sam028 () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2001-06-05 19:27:56

Hi all.

For my "home made" HA system, which is running on Solaris and Linux (in
production), and was tested on TRU-64 and AIX, I massively use GLIB
functions. The code is exactly the same, for all OS. It might not be
possible without GLIB. I just have a different Makefile, for the each OS.
Few times, something goes wrong with glib functions (especially hashtable
and glist): works on linux, funny things on Solaris; each time, it was my
fault... I use GTK for the GUI of my system, and it's quite portable too. Or
maybe not portable at all: it's the same code, so there is nothing to port
I really recommend the use of GLIB for heartbeat code.

Sam.