List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Call For Papers - Linux2001: Manchester, UK
From:       Alasdair G Kergon <agk+linuxha () ox ! compsoc ! net>
Date:       2001-03-17 19:34:09

Hi!

Here's the call for papers for this year's developers' conference.
The closing date for abstracts is 30th March.

If you want to suggest speakers/discuss sponsorship/discuss topics
before submitting an abstract etc. please get in touch with us
at linux2001@ukuug.org.

Take a look at last year's programme to get an idea of the sorts of
talks we're seeking.  Offers of High Availability topics are welcome!
  http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2000/programme.shtml

Please circulate this call for papers amongst the development community.

You can link to it at:
  http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2001/CFP.shtml

You'll find information about Manchester (incl. Travel - flights etc.) at:
  http://www.manchester.com/

Alasdair
--
agk@ukuug.org
UK Unix User Group

                 UKUUG Linux Developers' Conference

              Friday, 29th June - Sunday, 1st July 2001

                         Manchester, UK

  This year the Linux Developers' Conference returns to Manchester,
  the birthplace of 'The Baby', the world's first stored-program
  electronic digital computer.  The conference will take place at
  UMIST's Manchester Conference Centre, starting midday on Friday,
  29th June and ending early in the afternoon of Sunday, 1st July.

  We are inviting speakers on all types of Linux development to
  contribute.  The programme will cover a variety of subjects,
  including kernel and desktop development, tools, applications,
  and networking.  Any topic likely to be of interest to Linux
  developers and enthusiasts will be considered.

  The topics presented in recent years have included:
    ARM Linux, Clustering, CORBA, Debian Package Management,
    Enterprise Filesystems, Exim, Gnome, I20, Mail Servers,
    Memory Management, Performance Programming for X, Samba,
    Security, SMP and VMware.

  Further details of earlier conferences can be seen at
    http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2000/ and
    http://www.linux.ukuug.org/linux99/

  Initial abstracts should be sent electronically to the conference
  organisers at linux2001@ukuug.org.  Abstracts should be
  accompanied by a short biography, and, ideally, should be about
  250-500 words long.  Final papers should normally last about 40
  minutes, including 10 minutes for questions and answers.  If you
  need more time for your presentation, please tell us when you
  submit your abstract.  We shall acknowledge all submissions.

      Closing date for abstracts:   30th March 2001
      Accepted authors notified by:  5th April 2001
      Final papers due by:          10th June  2001

  Particular queries should be sent either to the UKUUG office,
  or to the Linux2001 conference director, Owen Le Blanc
  <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>.  To keep the conference fees low, we are
  seeking sponsors and exhibitors.  For further information about
  sponsoring, exhibiting, or attending the event please contact the
  UKUUG office:
      Email: office@ukuug.org    Telephone: 01763 273475

  The programme and booking information will be available in
  mid-April.  Information about the event will be updated on a
  regular basis on the website:
      http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2001/

  We look forward to meeting you in Manchester!

--
linux2001@ukuug.org
http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2001/