List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Oops, forgot the code :)
From:       bmartin () penguincomputing ! com
Date:       2001-02-27 0:22:24

Silly me,

I didn't attach the most important part :)

BTW, I have an (untested) hunch that what is happening is that for some
reason the messages are getting queued up inside the libhbclient.a
and then not being returned by select.

Hmm..  Consider this senario:

One node (we can assume it's the 'master'), is blocked waiting on messages
from the heartbeat FIFO.

Two other nodes simultaenously send the master node a message.

The master doesn't have a chance to process the first before select returns,
for whatever reason.

So when we get around to is(FD_ISSET(fd)), there are really two messages
waiting.  I'm only calling readmsg once in this case.

I'll have to work that out.

In the mean time, here are the test files so I don't look _really_ dumb :)

Brian