List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] heartbeat TODO list updated
From:       "Luis Claudio R.Goncalves" <lclaudio () conectiva ! com ! br>
Date:       2001-02-22 5:34:27

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:54:09AM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm mostly done updating the TODO list for the linux-ha heartbeat program.
| You can find the current results of my efforts here:
| 	http://linux-ha.org/HATodo.html
|
| Suggestions are very much in order.  I'll incorporate them ASAP.
|
| 	Thanks!

Alan,

   I was thinking about adding "stateless firewall" in the supported resource
list. In order to do that we need a way to force a failover, which should be
called by an external monitor such as mon or netsaint. Thus we can use an
external program to monitor an ethernet link or any other resource and
force a failover in the case of failure.
   I'm pretty sure it can be done without breaking heartbeat's semantics.
And, of course, this way we could cover node and resource crash.
   Well, if it sounds good to you, please let me know.

							Luis
--
[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio@conectiva.com.br ]
[ MSc coming soon -- Conectiva HA Team -- Gospel User -- Linuxer -- :) ]