List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Heartbeat dynamic module support
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () suse ! com>
Date:       2000-08-22 23:50:21

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Alan Robertson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > But with the same incorrect authentication ;-)  The packet will not be re-signed
> > when it is retransmitted.
>
> Oh, this is worse than what I thought.

But, it works perfectly fine.  It is *necessary* for it to work that way, or
something close to that way.  You have to shut off recognition of the old auth
method.

> >       That's all folks...
>
> At least this works now with dynamic modules.

Yes.  I don't think this change broke anything.  It worked like it should work
before.  It's just that changing keys is complicated.

> > Obviously, this is a great candidate for being automated ;-)
>
> Changing authentication method is very rare.
>
> IMHO we have more important stuff to do right now.

No argument.  I'm not so motivated.  That's why it's not done ;-)

	Patches are being accepted ;-)

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@suse.com