List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Heartbeat IP adresses
From:       "Luis Claudio R. Goncalves" <lclaudio () conectiva ! com ! br>
Date:       2000-06-26 18:57:08

Hi!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Allan Christiansen wrote:

> There is also an little flaw about how it reads the haresources file because
> it starts from the back of the line and then starts doing the needed stuf.
> e.g. if a haresources setup looks like below :
>
> --- cut from /etc/ha.c/haresources ---
> #
> router4-1.oss.dk 172.25.0.3 named
> #
> --- end cut ---
>
> This means that it starts by starting named and then it add's the ip. Witch
> means that named isn't connected to the ip that was started afterward.

   Heartbeat first configures the interface and IP, then starts the
services (in reverse order on the older versions) and then does the
ARP takeover. So, the services are started with the right IP.

							Luis

[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio@conectiva.com.br ]
[ BSc in Computer Science -- MSc coming soon -- Gospel User -- Linuxer ]
[ Fault Tolerance - Real-Time - Distributed Systems - IECLB - IS 40:31 ]
[ LateNite Programmer --  Jesus Is The Solid Rock On Which I Stand  -- ]