List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    RE: [Linux-ha-dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: draft of updated GRITS
From:       Chris Wright <Chris_Wright () efusion ! com>
Date:       2000-03-09 18:19:34

> > Just use SunRPC.  XDR gives you completely standard, portable
> > marshalling for your data structures, and has the advantage
> that you can
> > run XDR independently of the RPC code if you want to, so
> that you can
> > use the same marshalling code for sending fencing commands
> over SCSI if
> > you really want to.
>
> Except I don't believe that there is a SunRPC implementation for NT.
>
> The RPC code from OSF is available seperate from DCE. You do
> not need a
> DCE implementation to take advantage of it. It also has the
> advantage of
> running on most of the major OS's as both free and commercial
> software.

I know there used to be...the company I worked for a few years ago used it.
A quick search brought up the site
http://www.plt.rwth-aachen.de/ks/english/oncrpc.html
where it looks like you can still download it.  I haven't had to deal with
it in a while, but as far as I know it is available and works ;-)

-chris