List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] DHCPD review changes
From:       Chris Bowlby <cbowlby () tenthpowertech ! com>
Date:       2011-12-06 14:20:32

On 12/06/2011 06:35 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 10:54:55AM -0400, Chris Bowlby wrote:
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> I've completed making most of the changes you requested of me for the
>> dhcpd resource agent. To summarize the changes they are as follows:
>>
>> - The script has been run through checkbashisms and all bash related
>> elements have been cleared, the script should be strictly sh only at
>> this point.
>> - The path to the ocf-shellfuncs has been corrected.
>> - All variables have had the dhcpd_ prefix removed.
>> - The binary specific variable now has _binary as part of the name.
>> - The pid variable has been renamed from
>> OCF_RESKEY_dhcpd_pidfile_default / OCF_RESKEY_dhcpd_pidfile to
>> OCF_RESKEY_dhcpd_pid_default / OCF_RESKEY_dhcpd_pid
>> - The chrooted variable has been removed.
>> - All _monitor variables and functions have been removed for now, as it
>> was a failed attempt to validate DHCP itself. I need to re-think on that
>> part.
>> - The meta data entries have been updated to reflect these changes.
>> - The usage function always returns success now.
>> - Required and unique variables are now appropriately tagged as such.
>> - The meta data description for the binary path has been reworded.
>> - The unused dhcpd_getpid function has been removed.
>> - The dhcpd_reload function has also been removed, it was simply doing a
>> full restart, vs a configuration reload.
>> - Additional error checking has been added to the dhcpd_stop function to
>> catch missed conditions.
>> - The redundant check on meta_timeout has been removed, this value is
>> supposed to always be there.
>>
>> I want to wrap line 266 (of the updated dhcpd script) within an ocf_run
>> call, but for some reason each time I do it returns an error, the line I
>> had used was as follows:
>>
>>       ocf_run "${OCF_RESKEY_binary} -cf ${OCF_RESKEY_config} $DHCPD_ARGS
>> -pf ${OCF_RESKEY_pid} ${OCF_RESKEY_interface}"
> Just remove the quotes:
>
>        ocf_run ${OCF_RESKEY_binary} -cf ${OCF_RESKEY_config} $DHCPD_ARGS
>   -pf ${OCF_RESKEY_pid} ${OCF_RESKEY_interface}

Excellent, that has resolved that issue, thank you.
>> I kept getting a "file not found" error, and could not track down what
>> part was kicking that error out. I even used a full path for the dhcpd
>> daemon and got the same error, so it looks like it was trying to
>> determine a path for one of the parameters... :/
>>
>> In addition, you made the suggestion to warp my kill -9 call in the
>> dhcpd_stop function with an ocf_run, but I need an indication as to what
>> you have in mind to fully understand why that might be worth using
>> (simply a familiarity issue on my part it all).
>>
>> Lastly, all testing thus far still shows the script fails to properly
>> fail over to my secondary node, however, it will fail back to the
>> primary node with out issue. I'm inclined to believe one of two things
>> is happening:
>>
>> 1. The secondary node has something "stuck" in its tracking always
>> telling the cluster that this script is "not installed":
>>
>> Failed actions:
>>       dhcpd_service_monitor_0 (node=dhcp-vm02, call=5, rc=5,
>> status=complete): not installed
> You can always add set -x and look at the logs.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan

A suggestion by Andreas Kurz has actually corrected this issue, I had my
check for the ocf_is_probe backwards, once I made that change, and
allowed it to fall out of the if statement gracefully, the script failed
over to the secondary node and back multiple times with out issue. I
shall have these changes committed to the repository momentarily.