List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Uniquness OCF Parameters
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2011-06-20 15:00:41

On 06/17/2011 02:43 AM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 03:52:37PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> > > Sorry that I left off the "As you are well aware of,"
> > > introductionary phrase. ;-)
> > >
> > > I just summarized the "problem":

> > > And made a suggestion how to solve it:

> > > If we really think it _is_ a problem.
> > If one wanted to, one could say
> > unique=1,3
> > or
> > unique=1
> > unique=3
> >
> > Then parameters which share the same uniqueness list are part of the
> > same uniqueness grouping.  Since RAs today normally say unique=1, if one
> > excluded the unique group 0 from being unique, then this could be done
> > in a completely upwards-compatible way for nearly all resources.
> That is what I suggested, yes.
> Where unique=0 is basically "not mentioning the unique hint".
Originally that's what I thought you said.  But somehow read it
differently later.  Perhaps I got my comment authorship cross-wired.
Wouldn't be hard to imagine ;-)

--
     Alan Robertson<alanr@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim from you \
at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce