List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Feedback on conntrackd RA by Dominik Klein
From:       Dominik Klein <dk () in-telegence ! net>
Date:       2011-01-31 9:10:57

>> Or, put differently: is us tracking the supposed state really necessary,
>> or can we inquire it from the service somehow?
>
> From the submitted RA:
>
>>         # You can't query conntrackd whether it is master or slave. It can be both at the same time.
>>         # This RA creates a statefile during promote and enforces master-max=1 and clone-node-max=1
>
> Knowing Dominik I think it's safe to assume he's done his homework on
> this, and hasn't put in this comment without careful consideration.

If I knew a way to query the state, believe me, I would use it. I
totally understand this seems "ugly" the way it is and I agree 100%.

However, having a master/slave RA is what the cluster needs imho to
fully support conntrackd. Encouraging people to start conntrackd by init
and then have the RA just execute commands for state-shipping seemed and
seems odd to me (that's what the first RA did).

> But
> I'm sure he won't mind if you manage to convince him otherwise.

Sure I won't. Maybe a newer version (if exists) includes this. I'll have
another look.

Regards
Dominik