List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] [Iscsitarget-devel] Reconnect LUN's with
From:       "Caspar Smit" <c.smit () truebit ! nl>
Date:       2010-06-11 10:17:14

>> On 06/10/2010 07:04 PM, Caspar Smit wrote:
>>> Don't get me wrong, the failover IS WORKING. Only the connection
>>> re-instatement to MS iSCSI Initiator isn't when using the RAs.
>>
>> Can you try setting an explicit SCSI ID and SN on your logical units
>> please, and see if that improves the situation? As in:
>>
>> primitive res_lu_lun1 ocf:heartbeat:iSCSILogicalUnit \
>>   params target_iqn="iqn.2001-04.com.example:storage.example.iscsivg01"
>> lun="1" \
>>   path="/dev/iscsivg01/lun1" \
>>   scsi_id="iscsivg01.lun1" scsi_sn="4711"
>
> I already tested this, but did a re-check to no avail.
> Still only node01->node02 failover works.
>
> I thought maybe the DC role of pacemaker had something to do with it
> because when node01 is DC the services (failover-ip, iscsitarget,
> iscsilogicalunit, portblock) start/stop almost instantly on node1 (when
> monitoring with crm_mon) start/stop on node02 takes a second each.
> Switching DC didn't change anything.
>
> Still only node01->node02 failover works.
>
> Now to test open-iscsi.

Ok, I can now DEFINATLY say this is an MS iSCSI Initiator issue.
I tested with open-iscsi and now the connection re-instatement works both
ways, tested like 10 failovers and no disconnect! :-)

Used same pacemaker config like before.

Still weird why MS initiator only works one way. Guess I have to ditch MS
in my setup.

Kind regards,
Caspar