List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Updated, extended RA: mysql
From:       Florian Haas <florian.haas () linbit ! com>
Date:       2010-04-20 16:39:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 04/20/2010 12:08 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>> The resource agent will come with an updated and much extended man page
>> for the 1.0.4 release, and additional how-to information will live at
>> http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/mysql_(resource_agent) -- please bear with
>> us as we add content.
>
> Do the changes in any way influence the existing configurations?

Only if an existing, stand-alone, MySQL instance is configured (outside
of Pacemaker) as a MySQL replication slave, _and_ it has resource
monitoring enabled. In which case it will monitor for MySQL replication
errors, and if it detects one (which means that the slave is out of sync
with its master, or even has an inconsistent data set) then it errors
out with $OCF_ERR_INSTALLED with a plain English log message.

I guess this counts as a valid improvement. :)

Cheers,
Florian