List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] NFS resource agent for active-active	 clusters
From:       "Tim Serong" <tserong () novell ! com>
Date:       2010-04-20 11:57:37

On 4/20/2010 at 06:13 PM, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg@linbit.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> And how should the Filesystem RA know?  reference counts held by nfsd
> kernel threads usually do not show up in fuser.
>
> [...]
> should
>
> Unless it cannot see them.  Which it typically cannot.

> fuser does not show kernel processes.  Not on the boxes I have access to.
> That is becaus kernel threads /proc/$pid/fd/ is empty, usually.

OK, my bad.  This *did* work with the NFS server SGI shipped (specifically
due to the "open file cache" patch, which Google will show some vague
references to), but the patch in question never made it into mainline.

Apologies for the confusion :-/

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong@novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.