List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] missing ocf ra scripts
From:       Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2009-05-25 16:06:59

Hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 06:16:04PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> hi,
>
> while searching the archives, i found a LDAP resource agent written by
> Stephane Neveu that has not been included into the linux-ha repository:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/53015#53015
>
> has there been a specific reason for not including the ra or did it
> simply "slip" throu?

It slipped through :/ Many thanks for finding it again. I can now
recall looking at it a bit. One thing which has been missing is
the master/slave support.

> i am now wondering how many scripts have been written that never made
> their way into the repository or how many scripts have been written
> multiple times.... :-/

I'm trying my best to keep up with the contributions. At times,
they are not exactly up to the standard and if the author is not
willing to make changes, then the script typically is forgotten.
Sometimes, the review would take quite some time (mainly due to
the number of changes required) and those as well are usually
lost. Finally, sometimes I'm overwhelmed with work or just miss
the script, which is probably what happened this time.

At any rate, if you contribute something and there's no reaction
then please resend.

Cheers,

Dejan