List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Make can't build RPMs for lack of debian/apply
From:       Simon Horman <horms () verge ! net ! au>
Date:       2008-08-13 0:39:03

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 06:40:38PM +0900, Takenaka Kazuhiro wrote:
> Hi all (especially to Mr.Simon)
>
> I tried to build RPMs of Heartbeat from the latest revision(e0f9eeef2e31),
> but I couldn't.
>
> "make rpm" claimed the lack of a rule for `apply' like below:

> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/takenaka/hb-dev/debian'
> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `apply', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/takenaka/hb-dev/debian'
>
> I made sure it that if the file named `apply' is in the directory
> of `debian', but it wasn't there.
>
> So I tracked back the repositoly and found the file in
> changeset "70e9df3f594d".
>
> The following is the log of changeset "70e9df3f594d".
> ==================================
> $ hg log -r 70e9df3f594d
> changeset:   12012:70e9df3f594d
> parent:      12008:7342359b955f
> user:        Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au>
> date:        Thu Aug 07 10:49:37 2008 +1000
> summary:     Debian: Use quilt for patching which is supported by dpkg
> ===================================
>
> Mr.Simon, Could you tell me the reason of the deletion?

Hi Takenaka-san,

sorry about this. I have applied  a fix to remove apply from
the distribution tar ball which should fix the problem that you are
seeing.

changeset:   12024:fe875f28c62e
tag:         tip
user:        Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au>
date:        Wed Aug 13 10:31:53 2008 +1000
summary:     high: debian: don't distribute debian/apply