List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] heartbeat port for OpenBSD
From:       "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia () l00-bugdead-prods ! de>
Date:       2007-11-19 6:29:36

Hi,

Antoine Jacoutout announced an heartbeat port for OpenBSD at the ports@
mailing list. The port is a complete rewrite of my initial work.
Well hope to get some feedback from testers of the port, before it
will be included in the OpenBSD ports cvs tree.
Feedback and test reports from linux-ha developers would be very welcome;)
So in case someone has an OpenBSD -current box around, and some time to
test, ...

Any feedback/test reports are very welcome.

kind regards
Sebastian

pkg/DESCR
The basic goal of the High Availability Linux project is to provide a
high availability (clustering) solution for Linux (and Unix-like) which
promotes reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) through a
community development effort.

3 subpackages:
heartbeat-main, Linux HA cluster suite
heartbeat-gui, GUI management tool for heartbeat
heartbeat-snmp, snmp agent for heartbeat

While I mostly rewrote this port from scratch, it is based on an
original submission from maintainer Sebastian Reitenbach.

Tested by maintainer on a three node cluster: one i386, one sparc64,
and one Linux box (shuffling some resources around without issue).
-> multiple virtual IPs running, mysql database, postgresql database,
apache, openvpn, callweaver, pingd, stonith...

I want to thank Sebastian Reitenbach for his work in making this
functionnal under OpenBSD.
This port is a biggy and could use more eyes. Please send the port
related comments to me and the software specific issues/questions to
Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods dot de>.

Thanks.