List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Dynamic Modify the timeout values
From:       "DAIKI MATSUDA" <d.matuda () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-28 5:21:38

Dear All.

I am sorry for sending a little break patch by previous e-mail. So, I
re-send 2_add_signal_handler.patch and 3_add_parse_fucntion.patch, and
please replace.

Best Regards
MATSUDA, Daiki

2007/6/27, DAIKI MATSUDA <d.matuda@gmail.com>:
> Hello, All.
>
> Some days ago I sent the patch that offer the function to apply the
> timeout values without suspending the heartbeat service. Then
> Horms-san suggested me to modify it. So, I re-make and attach. The
> Attached patches should be applied from 1_... to 5_...
>
> Additionally some other bugs are fixed, including:
> 1. When clients did signoff the communication channel, its pointer was
> removed. But maxdispatchdelay_array remembered it and
> modify_setmaxdispatchdelay_value() accessed it.
> 2. As g_ptr_array_free() removed the pointers included its elements,
> the communication channel vanished. So when heartbeat was shutdown, it
> could not kill some clients.
>
> And I note the additional information as following,
> 1. I am testing on the dev source tree now simply and works well.
> Attached the patches can be applied to the 5bb25d3ce208 source tree.
> 2. Though I am suggested to use modify_keepalive_value() in both
> startup and modify cases, I do not do so.
>
> I cleaned it up. But there are no functional changes from the previous
> version of the patch. (except init scripts and bug fixes?) So if you
> send the signal (SIGRTMAX) to a server, the values are effective for
> the server and do not transmit to the other servers. But by adding the
> function to communicate to other servers, such as HBDoMsg_T_STATUS(),
> I think that it is possible to do.
>
> Followings are the description for the patch files.
> 1_record_timeout_to_array.patch:
> This patch is for the 3 tables, maxdispatchdelay_array, setall_array
> and timeout_add_full_array. They are for remembering the behaviour of
> the functions, G_main_set_maxdispatchdelay(), G_main_setall_id() and
> Gmain_timeout_add_full(), because they use the values generated by the
> timeout values or equal to the timeouts values. I choose the Glib
> functions for them as same as the original codes.
>
> 2_add_signal_handler.patch:
> This patch adds the function to handle the signal SIGRTMAX. I think
> that it is good to use the signal for applying the values, because
> current reload function use the SIGHUP signal. There was no
> modification for init script files in the previous patch, but this
> time patch includes the option 'light-reload' and 'lread'.
>
> 3_add_parse_fucntion.patch:
> This patch is written for the behaviour after receiving the signal,
> especially parsing the ha.cf configuration file. As previous pointed,
> the light_parse_config() function is adjusted to the parse_config().
>
> 4_apply_modified_value.patch:
> This patch is written for after receiving the signal, too. Especially,
> for applying the variables the values actually.
>
> 5_send_keepalive_to_ccm.patch:
> This patch is for sending the keepalive value for ccm. To do so it
> uses the existing communication channel. Maybe this is not enough
> clean.
>

> I want to listen to your advice for the function, the patch and etc.
>
> Best Regards
> [...]

["2_add_signal_handler.patch.new" (application/octet-stream)]
["3_add_parse_fucntion.patch.new" (application/octet-stream)]