List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Attention: Bugzilla cleanup
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2007-06-26 18:09:54

Hi guys and gals,

I'm working my way through bugzilla to see where we're really at, and
trying to reassess bugs or flush out those which are done.

Please check your own bugs if they are still uptodate and clean them up.
Or, if I screwed up one of your bugs, please simply set it back.

I'm classifying them in two dimensions, which seems to be mostly common
sense:

- Severity is the impact of the bug.

If it's a bug, blocker means it is so bad that we can't possibly
release. It's so bad that no work-around exists. The release is
unusable, or a serious threat to data integrity.

Critical means serious loss of function or major loss of service; the
release is seriously crippled by it. But a work-around exists so it
isn't a blocker.

Major means a major function not working.

Normal is the default.

Trivial & minor - man pages weird, spelling mistakes etc.

Enhancement - new feature.

- Priority

Priority defines the importance of the issues relative to each other. P1
should (in an ideal world) be worked on before P2 issues etc.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Regards,
    Lars