List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    RE: [Linux-ha-dev] Compiling Heartbeat on rhel 5 64-bit Server
From:       "Vanderdray, Jacob" <JVanderdray () aarp ! org>
Date:       2007-03-20 18:29:25

Alan,

	Thanks a million.  I've now been able to get 2.0.8 to build.
Just in case someone else hits this, there seem to be problems with the
64 bit libraries from RedHat.  In some cases the rpms are missing
certain components and in others the rpms with the 64 bit libraries just
don't show up in the default channel listing.  In the end I had to
download and manually install these packages from the 64bit RHEL 5
Workstation channel:

e2fsprogs-devel-1.39-8.el5.x86_64.rpm
glib2-devel-2.12.3-2.fc6.x86_64.rpm
gnutls-devel-1.4.1-2.x86_64.rpm
ncurses-devel-5.5-24.20060715.x86_64.rpm
pam-devel-0.99.6.2-3.14.el5.x86_64.rpm
python-devel-2.4.3-19.el5.x86_64.rpm

	I also had to download/compile/install libnet.  The problems I
thought I was seeing with native.c were just figments of a brain tired
from fighting with missing libraries and not used to looking at this
code (the compile errors must have been related to the missing
libraries).

Thanks,
Jake.