List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] The design issues of the quorum server
From:       Huang Zhen <zhenhltc () cn ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 1:53:33

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2006-06-27T15:46:25, Huang Zhen <zhenhltc@cn.ibm.com> wrote:
>

>>Here is the design issues of the quorum server. Please review it.
>>
>>http://wiki.linux-ha.org/QuorumServerDesign
>

> 1) I'd not call that "subcluster" when you mean "site". A subcluster
> means something different in the regular terminology.
The "subcluster" stands for the subcluster instead of site in the design.
Sorry that I haven't clarify it.
A subcluster may include nodes from multi-sites.

> 2) How do you protect against an outage of the quorum server?
I have thought about this too. If there are two HA clusters, A and B,
the quorum server can be services running on both A and B.
A uses the quorum server service running on B as quorum server.
B uses the quorum server service running on A as quorum server.

--
Best Regards,
Huang Zhen