List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Filesystem RA and how it deals with processes
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2006-06-26 9:32:36

On 2006-06-23T15:04:13, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Perhaps you can remove the last two SIGKILLs here:
>
>       for sig in SIGTERM SIGTERM SIGTERM SIGKILL SIGKILL SIGKILL; do

Probably the last one could be removed - the first SIGKILL might need a
second or two before the kernel has actually cleaned up the processes,
or a fork-bomb where we just then caught the final processes etc... It's
not too serious, but I also don't think it causes much harm.

> Would it be a good idea to put the OCFS2 part to a separate
> file to be sourced in? And do sth like:

Well, perhaps. Right now, I don't think it's too bad, but certainly when
we look at improving matainability in the future (ie, when the next
cluster-aware fs is merged), we might have to restructure this.

It might even be possible to migrate the OCFS2 into a separate RA which
the Filesystem mount then needs to depend on. That would be quite a bit
cleaner.

(Originally, I didn't think that would be a good idea nor easily
possible, but by now I'm no longer so sure, though I'd need to review
how ordering dependencies and notifications interact.)

> Perhaps replace other ifs with case to anticipate other FS
> support. Perhaps that could improve maintainability and help
> understanding the script.

It probably could, but then, the conversion is easy. Right now, it's a
case of 1, so a case doesn't actually give us anything.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
High Availability & Clustering