List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] Re: Bug 327 -- making heartbeat RAs as OCF RA
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2005-10-31 14:59:24

Xun Sun wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am currently in the process of wrapping OCF RAs into heartbeat-style
> RAs, for bug 327. They are mostly mechanical conversion, and
> fortunately most of them work as expected according to my testing.
>
> I am now gonna put them into cvs, however the place where to put them
> remains undecided. After discussion with sunjd, there are three
> approaches at choice:
>
> 1) make a branch for the files in "linux-ha/resources/heartbeat", all
> of which are heartbeat-style OCF wrappers, this way people can choose
> which version of heartbeat RAs in cvs to use by specifing tags when
> checking out (I have no idea whether this is easy or not from the
> users' point of view). When the heartbeat-style OCF wrappers turn out
> to be good enough, we merge this branch into HEAD
>
> 2) put them into a separate directory (ocf_wrapper), which is parallel
> with "heartbeat" and "OCF", and we get
>
>> # ls linux-ha/resources/
>> CVS  heartbeat  Makefile.am  OCF  ocf_wrapper
>
> 3) put them into a directory named "ocf_wrapper", which is in
> "heartbeat", which results in
>
>> # ls linux-ha/resources/heartbeat
>> <serveral_files_and_directories> ocf_wrapper <several_files_and_directories>
>
> I would go with 1) since no extra directory is ever created. By 2) and
> 3) no work is needed to maintain another branch, however we will have
> a lot of files moved around when finally replacing the heartbeat RAs
> with these wrappers, in addtion to the extra directory.

This sounds reasonable.  But, remember if you change the behavior of
IPaddr you will break non-CRM testing with 2.0.x.  That one has its own
monitor action - which works differently than the 2.0.x monitor action -
it - it allows the monitor to succeed even when the status might show
failure (so we can run the monitor on the test monitor machine).

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr@unix.sh>

Wilberforce