List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Problem building on FC Core 3
From:       David Lee <t.d.lee () durham ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-05-27 20:08:19

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Dave Dykstra wrote:

> [...]
> I was having the same problems when compiling on Debian.  The error
> about util_funcs header not found was shown in config.log to be because
> util_funcs.h does a #include "struct.h" and that was in the "agent"
> subdirectory under /usr/include/net-snmp rather than in the directory
> itself.  That was just a warning, however, and I got past the problem
> after installing a bunch more packages such as librpm4, librpm-dev, uuid,
> and uuid-dev (I think there were more too).  Sounds like I should just
> disable snmp instead.
>
> I have not yet succeeded in getting a 1.99.5-based Debian package built,
> still trying.

Deviating off-topic, but alerted by the mention of Debian.

Yesterday I made an update to CVS "configure.in" which might adversely
affect Debian.  I noted (and mentioned to the list) that debian seems to
want to do some build-time patching of "configure.in" which, if true,
might no longer work.

These build-time patches seems ugly anyway, and I proposed a possible, and
cleaner, suggested way that ought to achieve the same result (for debian
to force the "non-root chown" to "no").

Sorry if that breaks it short-term, but I also hope my proposed solution
provides a more robust, cleaner and more maintainable solution after that.

Best wishes.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :