List:       linux-ha-dev
Subject:    [Linux-ha-dev] [ANNOUNCE] heartbeat version 1.99.2 (development
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-02-21 12:59:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Good morning all,

on this Monday the Linux HA development team brings to you the long
awaited next release in the 1.99.x development series.

Many thanks in particular to Alan, who dedicated his whole night to
getting the last glitches cleared for this release. We all wish him a
good night's sleep. With developers in 3 timezones, the Linux HA team
truely can claim 24h development work being done!

You can get the new release here: http://linux-ha.org/download/

This new version brings the first rough working versions of the new
multi-node cluster resource manager, dependency based resource
management, OCF Resource Agent support w/ _resource monitoring_! through
the Local Resource Manager, XML based configuration, multiple
incarnations, the new fencing/STONITH subsystem and so many changes, new
features and bugfixes that it would be futile for me to try and list
them all and we'll save that for the proper 2.0 release; those 40-50
thousand lines of new code over 1.2 were not put in idly.

Andrew reports that the first runs of our automated Cluster Test System
are completing successfully for the CRM, too.

Please see http://wiki.linux-ha.org/ClusterResourceManager/Setup on how
to get started with the new multi-node resource manager.

The older, 2 node resource management code is still present too, but it
has not seen much testing yet. Our main goal is the multi-node resource
manager.

Please, test this version. If you find a bug, the web page explains how
to submit bug reports and the information to include:
http://wiki.linux-ha.org/ClusterResourceManager/BugReports

If you have the time, please also try with the latest source from CVS
before submitting a bug report; this would be much appreciated to reduce
the number of duplicates in our bugzilla.

Besides evaluating bugs, this would be a good time to make sure that we
are feature complete for your needs. There's some known to be missing
features still (see the bugzilla), but overall, we believe that we are
in pretty good shape to deliver the most powerful Open Source cluster
resource manager soon. Our goal is a production release within 1-3
months.

We're looking forward to discussing your ideas on the linux-ha-dev
mailing list.

Thanks again to all our developers and testers who helped make this
happen!

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--